Monday, April 22, 2013

Bottle World Healing Garden

Sorry no flat glass here but I couldn't resist sharing this great video brought to my attention by the Looking at Glass Blog. I'm posting this for Tom Krepcio who I know is into bottle structures and also to inspire my colleagues at Wheaton Arts!
Elayne Lansford's Bottle World healing garden is a tribute to triumph over life-threatening illness and the power of healing through gardening. Reframing her reality by giving new life to old objects helped her when husband John Villanacci faced a random disease and lung transplant, soon after she recovered from breast cancer. It was a twist for Elayne, a psychologist who helps clients every day. In her refuge of sanctuary and peace, she worked out some of her sorrow and anger through hands-on activity and creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment